Our team of examiners have the industry experience we rely on to ensure that our examinations meet the standards expected by employers. They set and mark exam questions and assignments across a wide range of industries and sub industries, and work together to ensure that marking is standardised and consistent.
At the moment we contract around 700 examiners across all 26 sub industries. The more popular qualifications will need support all year round but usually we supply a minimum of two exams series each year for our relevant qualifications.
New examiners are fully supported with training and workshops. We also provide a range of training events open to all our examiners to refresh your knowledge and skills, or advise you of any new developments in areas such as multiple choice item writing or assignment writing.
Successful examiners would be asked to:
- Write question papers
- Mark short-answer or multiple-choice exam questions and assignments on-line
- Attend training to ensure best practice is adhered to for the above.
Successful applicants will:
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent
- Have current knowledge of the UK examination system
- Have a teaching or assessment experience in the relevant subject and level
- Have a high level of recent, relevant subject knowledge in order to apply the mark scheme
- Have a high level of computer literacy with a personal, private email account
- Have access to a secure PC with a firewall, up-to-date anti-virus software and private broadband access
- Have good written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to follow procedures accurately and reliably
- Be able to work to fixed timescales
- Be passionate about vocational education and helping people reach their full potential.
We are not currently recruiting for examiners. However, you can e-mail us your CV and we will contact you should a vacancy within your specialism occur. To help us forward your CV through to the right department, please tell us your specialism in your e-mail.
If you think that you meet all of these criteria, please send your current CV to the Recruitment Team at email@example.com.