Developing our People
As you can imagine we're pretty committed to lifelong learning in the City & Guilds Group and maintain certification to Investors in People, a standard we use to assess and improve how we manage and develop our people. We have a dedicated learning and development team who are able to advise on, organise and develop appropriate training so that every employee can:
- develop to their full potential and achieve personal success
- optimise their individual skills, knowledge and talents
- make a direct contribution to organisational success through their performance.
It's not ‘one size fits all’ so we have developed a range of ways to ensure that all employees can choose the right learning to be delivered at the right time for them. We offer:
- a comprehensive induction
- personal development programmes
- management development programmes
- access to external training courses
- courses to improve workplace skills, including personal effectiveness, performance management, presentation skills, negotiation and influencing
- an online learning resource offering over 500 different courses with subjects ranging from Communication Skills and MS Office to Supply Chain Management and Database Management
- DVDs, CDs, CD-ROMs, books, activity packs, newspapers, periodicals and e-learning for a variety of subjects from Angling to Zoology (well almost)
- funding for professional qualifications
- financial support for leisure learning
- and – as you would expect – we are an approved ILM NVQ centre.