Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) is the electronic communication of exam related data back and forth between City & Guilds and centres.
Centres may make registrations and entries or submit results from their Management Information System (MIS) electronically as a data file which can be sent to us preferably via the Walled Garden.
There are some major benefits to adopting EDI:
- Quicker and more reliable than forms both online and offline
- Reduction of errors caused by re-keying data from forms such as spelling of candidates' names, dates of birth, etc.
- No more forms to fill in
- Data loaded via the Walled Garden is in the system within the same day
- Less effort required in examinations office for file creation
- Data can be returned electronically and downloaded directly back into some MIS
- Base data (awards information for MIS) is available on the Walled Garden.
Find out more about which MIS systems support EDI.
Follow our detailed instructions to set up EDI.
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org