The Autumn 2014 City & Guilds Bursary Round is now open for applications. This is a mini round aimed at supporting learners who are in genuine financial need and want to study a City & Guilds or ILM qualification. Therefore, for this particular round, the maximum amount that learners can request is £1000.
The closing date for this round of applications is 5pm on Thursday, 4th December 2014. We will contact you shortly after the closing date to notify you of the outcome of your application.
City & Guilds offers a small number of bursaries (educational grants) each year to people who would like the opportunity to study for a City & Guilds qualification in order to improve their financial situation and whom would be unable to study without support.
The bursaries can be used for a wide range of purposes* including:
- Paying your course and/or exam fees
- Covering living costs if you are unable to work while you study
- Covering childcare or travel expenses
- Covering other costs that are making it difficult for you to enrol on a course.
*We do not make any retrospective payments including payments for career development or deferred loans that you may have taken out with a college or bank.
Although City & Guilds bursaries cover all City & Guilds/ILM qualifications, in this round, we are particularly interested in funding bursaries in the following areas:
- Chemical Industries
- Electro-technical (Courses for budding Electricians)
- Plumbing & Heating
To qualify for a City & Guilds bursary you will need to
- Be completing a City & Guilds/ILM qualification.
- Demonstrate in your application that you are in genuine financial need that would otherwise prevent you for completing your City & Guilds qualification.
- Currently be resident in, and wish to study in the UK for a City & Guilds qualification.
The bursary programme is very competitive and we are only able to offer a small number of bursaries each year, please also take a look at the useful links section of this website and speak to your training provider for advice on other financial support which may be available.
Please also view the full terms and conditions below before applying.
> City & Guilds Bursary Terms & Conditions (PDF, 71KB)
> Guidance on Financial Information (PDF, 125KB)