These qualifications cover all the general and specific skills you need including:
- Installing domestic or industrial and commercial heating and ventilating systems
- Repairing heating and ventilating systems
- Carrying out ductwork and welding
- Liaising with technicians from supporting trades
- Complying with relevant standards
- Communication skills
- Environmental protection measures.
You will learn in the classroom or in your workplace.
Assessment is through multiple choice tests, practical assignments, and portfolio of evidence.
Which Level is right for me?
You're just beginning your career in the heating and ventilating sector and want to learn about maintaining system components and how to install domestic, commercial and industrial heating and ventilation systems. You work under supervision. You may also be undertaking an apprenticeship
You have considerable experience working in the heating and ventilating sector, or have completed the Level 2 NVQ Diploma. You work with minimum supervision and have a good record of safety, fault correction and ensuring work meets the required standard. You may also be undertaking an apprenticeship.