You will be able to develop and demonstrate the specialist knowledge and skills you have developed such as
- Interpreting jewellery manufacture drawings
- Marking out and measuring materials for jewellery
- Using tools to cut, file and pierce jewellery
- Using tools to produce formed jewellery
- Using equipment to permanently join jewellery or silverware components
- Using techniques to polish and finish jewellery
- Using tools to produce hand engraving on jewellery or silverware products.
You will learn on the job in the work environment or in the classroom.
Assessment will include a portfolio of evidence to meet the criteria of the qualification.
Which level is right for me?
You have basic jewellery making skills and knowledge and are working, or looking to work, in the goldsmithing sector or allied trades.
You have intermediate jewellery making skills and knowledge and are working, or looking to work, in the goldsmithing sector or allied trades. The qualifications are a natural progression for those with a Level 2 Diploma.