Learners interested in the Level 2 Technical Certificate in Healthcare, Care and Childcare will study theoretical aspects of the subject and apply them to practical tasks.
The topics covered, all mandatory, are as follows:
• Working in healthcare and care
• Working with babies, children, young people and families in care and education
• Values, beliefs and behaviours for working in healthcare, care and childcare settings
• Communicating for effective practice in healthcare, care and childcare
• Working safely in healthcare, care and childcare environments
• Safeguarding and protecting vulnerable people
• Supporting health and healthy living in healthcare, care and childcare
• Principles and theories of human growth and development
• Developing resilience for working in healthcare, care and childcare
Learners interested in the Level 3 Advanced Technical Diploma and Extended Diploma in Health and Care will study theoretical aspects of the subject and apply them to practical tasks.
Compulsory topics include:
• Introduction to health and care
• Personal and professional development in health and care
• Equality and diversity in health and care
• Effective communication in health and care settings
• Safeguarding for all in health and care
• Safe working in health and care
• Understanding cognitive impairment
• Understanding individual care needs
• Quality service provision in health and care.
Learners interested in the Advanced Technical Extended Diploma will also be able to choose additional optional topics, including:
• Social policy in health and care
• Person centred working with children, young people, parents and carers
• Provision for adults in health and care
• Research in health and care
• Life span developments – health and care needs
• Understanding physical disabilities and exploring mental health wellbeing
• Structure, organisation and function of the human body
Learners following a Health pathway will have to complete the following topics:
• Principles and models of healthcare
• Science in health and care
For a Care pathway the following topics:
• Psychology and human behaviour
• Sociology of health, care and wellbeing
For more information, download the qualification handbook from the centre documents section.
The Level 2 Technical Certificate in Healthcare, Care and Childcare could lead to the following employment opportunities:
• Healthcare assistant
• Care assistant
• Childcare worker/assistant
The Level 3 Advanced Technical Diploma and Extended Diploma in Heath and Care could lead to the following employment opportunities:
• Clinical Healthcare Assistants working in hospitals or in community settings.
• Roles in Adult Health and Care in residential and community/domiciliary services.
To deliver these qualifications, centres/colleges will need to provide their learners with a suitable learning environment and the resources they need to complete the practical and theoretical aspects of the qualification.
To find all the resource requirements, download the qualification handbook from the centre documents section.