You can choose the qualification that demonstrates the specialist knowledge and skills you have developed such as:
- understanding mental health problems
- dementia awareness
- supporting independence in everyday tasks
- supporting individuals in learning and development activities
- supporting individuals in the use of assistive technology
- promoting communication in health, social care or children's and young people's settings.
You will probably complete the qualification on weekly day release from work.
Each unit you complete will be assessed by either an assignment of a portfolio of evidence.
Which level is right for me?
These qualifications are for people who work in, or are interested in working in, this sector. You will have some relevant knowledge and skills, usually from a role where you have been supervised.
You have a great deal of technical skills and knowledge in this field. You work with minimum supervision and have a good record of safety, fault correction and ensuring work meets the required standard.