At Level 2 you'll gain the knowledge to work in a pharmacy team, process prescriptions and manage stock. You'll cover things like:
- helping customers in the pharmacy
- laws, regulations and health and safety
- working in a team
- selling over-the-counter medicines
- assembling prescriptions.
At Level 3 you'll understand the science of how medicines work and how to advise customers on their use. You'll cover things like:
- Dispensing medicines
- Pharmacy law, ethics and practice.
Which Level is right for me?
You want to work as a pharmacy assistant and are developing your knowledge relating to taking on basic duties in the pharmacy setting. You may be taking an apprenticeship.
You have completed your Level 2 qualification. You're ready to increase your knowledge of medicines and physiology to register as a pharmacy technician. You may be taking an apprenticeship.