You'll cover things like:
- the different types of licence in Scotland, and the roles and responsibilities of licensing organisations and licence holders
- regulations (such as licensing hours and age limits) and the penalties for breaking them
- conflict situations and how to manage them
- the effects of alcohol on society and health
- sensible drinking and misconceptions about alcohol.
You'll learn in a group with your training provider. After the training, you'll complete an online test or a written paper that takes no more than 45 minutes.
Is this level right for me?
These qualifications are ideal if you are applying for a licence to sell alcohol, or you work or want to work anywhere that sells alcohol. You need a recognised qualification showing you have the skills and knowledge for these responsible roles.