You can choose from a range of optional units to meet the needs of your current role in traffic management or your chosen career path. These include:
- Manage urban traffic by controlling traffic signals
- Monitor the road network using CCTV systems and equipment
- Establish and address requirements of callers on the road network
- Liaise with the media regarding operational traffic management
- Escort Vehicles to a place of safety on the road network.
You will learn on the job in the work environment.
Assessment will also take place in the workplace and will include a portfolio of evidence to meet the criteria of the qualification.
Is this Level right for me?
You are already working in on-road traffic management or traffic control room role, and have a great deal of technical skills and knowledge. You work with minimum supervision and have a good record of safety, fault correction and ensuring work meets the required standard.