The Level 3 NVQ in Achieving Excellence in Sports Performance covers:
- improving your technical skills in your chosen sports
- improving your sporting tactics
- improving your physical capability
- improving your mental attitude when playing sports
- adapting your lifestyle to maximise your sports performance
- managing your sporting career
- working and communicating with other people
- looking after your own health and the health of others.
To gain an NVQ, you need to show you've got a particular set of skills. You usually work with your training provider to review your current skills and find the best way to gain new ones - perhaps by trying new things, or by studying.
If you take an NVQ in Achieving Excellence in Sports Performance, you'll learn within your sport. You'll show progress through ongoing practical assessments.
The Achieving Excellence in Sports Performance NVQ usually takes:
This is a rough guide - each centre decides its own timescales and you can often learn at your own pace.