Streetworks qualifications cover the areas below and more:
- Location and avoidance of underground apparatus
- Signing, lighting and guarding
- Excavation in the highway
- Reinstatement and compaction of backfill materials
- Reinstatement of sub-base and roadbase in non-bituminous materials
- Reinstatement in cold-lay bituminous materials
- Reinstatement in hot-lay bituminous materials
- Reinstatement of concrete slabs
- Reinstatement of modular surfaces.
6156-23 initial assessment is assessed by observation of practical tasks and a pre-set question bank.
6156-24 reassessment is assessed by a choice of paper based or on-line multiple choice question knowledge tests. This requires candidate registration.
Learners must present a valid Street Works Card (as issued by the SWQR) and an independent photo identification before any re-assessment.
Which qualification is right for me?
Street works qualifications are available for operatives and supervisors depending upon your role.
You might need both for your role.