Level 5 will suit you if you are working or have just started working in installing and maintaining Smart Meters and have some relevant knowledge and skills. You might also have started an apprenticeship in Smart Metering.
There are three qualifications available at Level 5:
Level 5 Diploma in Smart Metering - Power
Level 5 Diploma in Smart Metering - Gas
Level 5 Diploma in Smart Metering - Dual Fuel.
These comprise ten mandatory units from a wide range of units, including:
• Working safely in the energy and utilities sector
• Using and communicating technical information in the energy and utilities sector
• Install and commission communication systems for smart meters
• Install single phase meter and associated equipment
• Applied practices and principles for installing low pressure natural gas smart meters up to U6 only
• Prepare, install and commission low pressure natural gas smart meter
• Low pressure gas smart meter tightness testing and direct purging.
In addition elective units, which do not form part of the qualification, provide additional competencies for fitting 3 phase power and Intermediate pressure gas meters.
For a full list of units, download the qualification handbook from the centre documents section.