TechBac provides you with a strategic, forward-thinking curriculum for 14-19 year olds that addresses some of the key challenges identified in the 14-19 Reforms. These include learner destinations and outcomes, employer engagement and adopting digital delivery.
The benefits of delivering TechBac include:
- Developed with and supported by leading employers
- Approved for funding under Section 96
- Offers clear progression pathways into further learning, employment, apprenticeships and university
- Assessments prepared by City & Guilds, so your staff can focus on delivery
- Qualifications approved by the DfE and appearing on performance tables
- Closely aligned to the new Ofsted Common Inspection Framework
- Reflects recommendations set out by FELTAG (Further Education Learning Technologies Action Group)
- Comprehensive support given by City & Guilds at all stages of delivery
Find out more about delivering TechBac, our Technical Qualifications and Workplace Skills.
TechBac is designed to set you apart from the competition. It achieves this by not only giving you a City & Guilds Technical Qualification, but also the professional workplace skills needed by employers.
The benefits of studying TechBac include:
- Recognised by leading employers as ensuring you’re ‘ready to work’
- Makes your CV stand out with an impressive mix of technical skills and 24 key workplace skills
- Gives you real hands-on experience that will help you to feel ready for the world of work
- Offers UCAS points at Level 3 for progression to university
- Keeps your options open for further learning, university, employment or apprenticeships
Find out more about studying TechBac
“After my TechBac course I would like to go to either university and do an HNC or an HND, or I would like to do an apprenticeship where I can get paid while I am learning at a big company such as BAE Systems or Olstam. I think I will be more than prepared to go into a job after the course and it has given me the confidence to do that.”
Watch the video
Rhyce Merrifield, learner at Preston’s College
TechBac shows our commitment to meeting employers’ needs. It’s been designed in close partnership with industry to place a real emphasis on employability.
TechBac is stamp of quality that says a young person has both the relevant technical skills and the key workplace behaviours identified by employers.
This unique combination ensures that a TechBac graduate will be able to perform at work from day one.
Help shape the future of 14-19 education
There are still opportunities for employers to help with developing next phase of TechBac or to get involved in supporting our Technical Qualifications.
Find out more about TechBac and how you can get involved.
“The new style curriculum is very, very good, it’s an opportunity for young people to actually develop themselves, their communication skills, how they portray themselves….. The students so far have been absolutely fantastic.”
Watch the video
Adrian Berg, Project Manager, Balfour Beatty