- Assessment – City & Guilds will provide all assessment material required for the following:
- Synoptic assessment (end exam) – this is an externally set, internally marked, externally moderated end exam. It will replace unit-based assessment
- External exam – this is externally set and assessed. There is the option for learners to do either a paper-based assessment or a computer-based assessment through City & Guilds online platform
- Externally moderated assignment – this is an externally set, internally marked, externally moderated assignment. It is designed to assess a specific optional task/area of the qualification
Download the 2016 examination timetable
- Overall grading – learners will be awarded Distinction*, Distinction, Merit, Pass, or Fail as part of the new grading system
- One resit opportunity – if the learner fails and requires a resit, one opportunity will be available later in the academic year
- Employer involvement – KS5 (16-19) Technical Qualifications require employer interaction in delivery and/or assessment. This must relate to the mandatory content of the qualification and centres must ensure that all learners receive meaningful employer involvement
For further information on how to deliver a specific qualification, use our qualification finder to go to the individual qualification page where you can download the relevant handbook.
What are the resource requirements?
Find details about resource, equipment and staff requirements.
Use our qualification finder to go to the individual qualification page, where you can download the relevant handbook.
What support is available?
We provide comprehensive support to centres delivering our Technical Qualifications, including site visits, resources and tailored delivery training.
Our dedicated team will support you at every stage – from curriculum planning through to implementation, and throughout programme delivery.
Read more about how we will support your centre
To help you plan delivery for the Technical Qualifications, we have created sample academic calendars and videos that provide a blue print for what activities should be done and at what point throughout the academic year. For more information, select your relevant sector calendar or video.
It is recommended that academic calendars are printed and referred to while watching the videos.
You can access the Videos and Calendars here