City & Guilds provides comprehensive support to education providers delivering TechBac products.
Our dedicated team will support you at every stage – from curriculum planning through to implementation, as part of your staff’s Continuing Professional Development (CPD), and throughout programme delivery.
Follow the sections below, to find out what’s available at every stage of the journey.
1. Pre-delivery support and curriculum planning
- Initial consultation – Our expert subject advisors and business managers will work with you to identify the best solutions to meet your needs
- Curriculum planning support – We can help you plan your learning programmes, ensuring you know how to fit TechBac and our Technical Qualifications into your academic calendar
To help you plan delivery for technical qualifications, we have created sample academic calendars and videos that provide a blue print for what activities should be done and at what point throughout the academic year.
To ensure you don’t miss out on these, sign up to TechBac communications.
- Introductory events and webinars – Our dedicated subject advisors host a number of events, webinars and support videos. These are designed to give you a basic overview of our TechBac products, and how these will enhance your curriculum
View our upcoming events programme
- Handbooks – Our qualification handbooks are available for each qualification and are a valuable pre-delivery tool. They provide information on: qualification structures, assessment and moderation, rules of combination and guided learning hours, resources and tutor requirements, learner entry requirements, and progression pathways. Handbooks can be found in the Qualifications section of our website.
2. Preparation and on-boarding support
Preparing you to deliver Technical Qualifications:
- 1-to-1 on-boarding support – Our technical subject advisors will provide bespoke support to your centre. This includes at least one centre visit to help staff get up and running with the new Technical Qualifications
- Tutor delivery and CPD events – We have a range of events scheduled to help prepare your staff for delivery of our Technical Qualifications
View our upcoming events programme
- A quality approval and support visit – As part of the approvals process, you’ll receive a centre visit from an external quality assurer (EQA) to give you additional transition support
Preparing you to deliver Workplace Skills:
- On-boarding plan – We’ll let you know about the training your centre will receive, and the next steps needed to get you up and running
- Demonstration and training – We’ll give you online or face-to-face training on how to use Workplace Skills within your curriculum. This will be delivered by our expert Digital Sales team who will cover all aspects of Workplace Skills, including Skills Zone
- Ongoing support – For ongoing queries, digital experts in our Customer Service team will be available to guide you at any stage
3. Teaching and learning support and resources
Helping you to deliver our Technical Qualifications:
Depending on the Technical Qualification being delivered (see the image below) there is a variety of resources available. These can help you to create lesson plans and support your learners to achieve the best outcomes.
- Digital learning packages – such as MHD Academy , the multimedia training platform for hairdressing
- SmartScreen – an online teaching and learning support system which includes quizzes, formative assessment guidance, individual learning plans, PowerPoint presentations and tutor forums
- Free schemes of work – helping you to structure lesson plans, providing learner objectives and outcomes, and providing resources and activities
- Sample assessments – available for each qualification on the individual qualification web pages, under the documents tab
City & Guilds Employer Involvement Centre Guidance (1MB PDF)
City & Guilds Marking and Moderation (3MB PDF)
City & Guilds Teaching Learning and Assessment (1.8MB PDF)
Our current resources
We currently have the following teaching and learning resources available, with others in development:
Helping you to deliver Workplace Skills:
Within Skills Zone, there are a number of resources to help tutors deliver all aspects of their programmes, including:
In addition, our digital experts in our Customer Service team will be available to guide you through any delivery queries you may have.
Centres delivering the Workplace Skills Team Challenge will receive support from us and our partner MyKindaFuture.