What’s involved in a Project Qualification?
The focus of the Project Qualification can be:
- a piece of extended writing such as an essay on a particular subject
- a performance – sport, dance or drama
- a report on an investigation into an issue or problem
- an artefact – a piece of artwork, a design, model or prototype of an object.
Your learners can choose a method to showcase their Project that suits them.
The skills Project Qualification enables learners to develop include:
Projects are overseen – not taught. Typically the person overseeing the project is not a specialist in the chosen area but helps support the learner through the project process.
Learners can choose a project topic that enhances their main subject of study, completing the project alongside their technical/vocational qualification.
Who is Project Qualification for?
- Learners already studying at Level 2 or 3, no matter the subject or occupational choice.
- Learners who would like to showcase knowledge in other pathways or areas outside their qualification.
- Learners who have an ambition to go into an apprenticeship or to university.
- Those learners who need stretch and challenge.
- Learners who are completing a TechBac
What are the benefits of Project Qualification?
For education providers
- My Project Qualification complements university and apprenticeship applications as it carries UCAS points at Level 3.
- It can help a learner showcase more understanding in a chosen career pathway and allows them to demonstrate important skills that employers and universities expect.
- My Project Qualification is a valuable extension to a qualification if learners want to go on to an apprenticeship or job and need evidence of ‘Project' work.
- Helps learners to develop independent planning and writing skills that will assist them when completing their Technical Qualification and if they decide to progress to University/higher level studies.
- It gives learners the freedom to work on a key area of their studies in great depth which will help them to progress to further studies or into a job in that field.
- My Project Qualification allows learners to discover the joys of independent learning, take responsibility for their own study and develop new life and study skills.
- Gives learners the opportunity to investigate areas that aren't part of their Technical Qualification and improve their skills within that area.