We're proud to present a new and improved Functional Skills offer with flexible assessments, extensive support and quick results turnaround.
- Full range of qualifications - full suite of Entry 1 to Level 2 Functional Skills qualifications in English, Mathematics and ICT.
- Paper-based flexibility - externally set and marked paper-delivered assessments for English (Reading and Writing), Mathematics and ICT at Levels 1 and 2. Select the date of your choice with just two weeks’ notice through named on-demand.
- Onscreen flexibility - on-demand onscreen assessments for English (Reading and Writing), Mathematics and ICT at Levels 1 and 2. Onscreen assessments can be booked just 30 minutes prior to the assessment and can be run off-site without the need for live internet access.
- Relevant assessments - assessments developed by experienced basic skills practitioners and designed for a range of learners and settings, with a choice of topics and contexts at Entry Level and for Speaking, Listening and Communication.
- Quick and reliable results - maximum 20 days turnaround from upload/receipt of completed assessments.
- Enhanced ICT Functional Skills assessment – in-application testing will enable candidates to use MS Office applications to complete assessment tasks, with or without an internet connection. Learn more about In-app >
- e-Functional Skills - ensure consistent delivery, speed up completions and improve first time pass rates with e-Functional Skills, the complete online Functional Skills teaching and learning experience.
- Teaching and learning resources - enjoy access to a wealth of maths and English teaching and learning resources including delivery plans, classroom packs, interactive videos, e-learning bites and revision quizzes. The resources are the perfect aid to Functional Skills learning and support progression to GCSE.
- Specialist support - benefit from curriculum planning support and expert advice from our team of qualification consultants and specialist portfolio advisors and share best practice guidance in our online tutor community.
- Qualification and assessment guidance - designed to provide an online hub for Functional Skills support, our dedicated qualification pages house a suite of materials including a Functional Skills handbook, FAQs, examiners’ reports, sample assessments, mark schemes and worked examples.
- Centre support - unrivalled centre support is provided by a dedicated account manager along with a named customer support contact for all your quality needs.
- Events - an engaging and comprehensive programme of support events run annually across the UK. In-house training or bespoke support is available on request.
Get up and running quickly
Switching provision? No problem. We have everything in place to ensure you can start delivering Functional Skills as soon as possible.
To offer Functional Skills please submit an application and we'll help you get set up - you can become a City & Guilds qualification provider in as little as 30 days.
Make an application >
Discover more about Functional Skills
For additional information about Functional Skills, visit the qualification page or contact a member of the team today using the following options;
- Email - we're always available for direct queries and advice about Functional Skills. Simply email email@example.com. For general and operational queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call us – for more information or to book a consultation with an Advisor or Business Manager please call 0800 334 5618.