Our Functional Skills offer
- Entry Level qualifications – full suite of externally set and internally marked on-demand Entry Level Functional Skills.
- Levels 1 and 2 paper-delivered offer – externally set and marked paper-delivered assessments. Select the date of your choice with just two weeks' notice through named on-demand.
- Level 1 and 2 onscreen offer – on-demand onscreen assessments. Select the date of your choice with just 30-minutes' notice through our online assessment platform, e-volve.
- In-app assessments for Functional Skills ICT - learners can now take ICT assessments using familiar MS Office applications
- 20 working days results turnaround - results notification within 20 working days of upload/receipt of completed assessments.
- Work Ready programme – Functional Skills is a major component of our Work Ready offer, which provides learners with the skills they need for employment.
We have an extensive support package available for Functional Skills including:
- Online SmartScreen teaching and learning support – range of free and subscription resources including on-demand learning support materials, expert advice and tutor forums.
- e-Functional Skills blended learning resource - complete end-to-end Functional Skills teaching and learning resource designed to guide learners through their course and better prepare them for their end assessment.
- Dedicated qualification webpages - access to all the resources you need, including FAQs, sample assessments, demonstrations and examiner’s reports.
- On-going free face-to-face support – network events held throughout the year and additional support from local offices, specialist advisors, Business Managers and the widest network of EQAs.
- Staff CPD and bespoke maths and English support through our Advance consultancy service
Get up and running quickly
We have everything in place to ensure you can start delivering Functional Skills as soon as possible.
Adult Literacy and Numeracy, ESOL, Skills for Life and ICT Skills for Life centres are able to complete a fast track approval form. All other centres can request assistance to complete a qualification approval form (QAP).
Discover more about Functional Skills
For additional information about Functional Skills, visit the qualification page or contact a member of the team today using the following options;
- Email - we're always available for direct queries and advice about Functional Skills. Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org. For general and operational queries please contact email@example.com.
- Call us - on 0844 543 0000 if you would like to speak to a local Business Manager or specialist Advisor for more information, guidance or support.
Calls to our 0844 numbers cost 5 pence per minute plus your telephone company’s access charge