Can't log into Walled Garden?
If you have received your 'Walled Garden user created' email or your 'Walled Garden password reset' email and you have entered your User ID and temporary password to log in you will get one of the following messages:
- Password Has Expired - this is correct and simply means that you are being prompted to change your password. Follow the instructions in the email sent to you and you will be able to log in from there.
- Invalid Login Details - this means that either the user ID or password you have entered does not match the details on the email sent to you. Please carefully retype those details and you should get the message above.
If you have already changed your password and get this message when you're trying to log in again; this means that the password you have typed does not match what you had previously changed it to. If you have forgotten what you had changed it to then you could use the self-serve password reset facility on the log in page titled ‘Problems logging in?'
Note: a new account password is valid for 21 days and a reset password is valid for 21 days. Your chosen password will be valid for 90 days before you will be prompted to provide a new password for security reasons.
The Walled Garden provides the functionality to automatically issue you with a new password.
Please follow the below steps:
Go to www.WalledGarden.com
- Login user your User ID and temporary password
- You will see the following message 'Password has expired'
- Please enter the above temporary password into the 'Old Password' field
- Please enter your new password into the 'New Password' field
- You will need to re-confirm your new password and click submit.
Your password must NOT:
- Begin with an exclamation mark or question mark
- Begin with the same 3 characters
- Be the same as your previous 5 passwords
- Be comprised entirely of numbers; a minimum of 1 alphabetical chracter is required.
Not receiving your password reset email?
- This is usually due to a spam block on your internet server. Contact your IT department and have them mark all emails from firstname.lastname@example.org as safe.
- If you have a Yahoo or Hotmail account then you can do this yourself by finding the email in your bulk/spam folder; opening it and selecting the 'Not Spam' link. This means that all future emails from email@example.com will go through to your inbox instead of being flagged as spam and quarantined.
If you require any other assistance please contact the Online Services teams (listed below) for advice and support. Operating hours are from 8am to 6pm (UK time).
City & Guilds Online Services
T: 0844 543 0000
ILM Online Services
T: +44 (0) 154 326 6867