City & Guilds provides centres and colleges with
Please read the minimum requirements below before you apply for e-volve.
- You must be an approved City & Guilds centre for the award you wish to test
- You must meet the Minimum Technical Requirements, please refer to your Primary and Technical support team for your centre and gain advice before proceeding with your application.
If you meet the above requirements, you can complete your e-volve application form online>
What to expect after you submit your online application;
- Our e-volve team will send out a welcome pack to your Primary or Technical contact within seven working days
- You will receive login details and how to download & install e-volve
- To get you started, you will receive a comprehensive video tutorial and user guide
- Fill in the e-volve Application Form. Please note that first you must be an approved City & Guilds centre for the award you wish to test, and you must fulfil the Minimum Technical Requirements (PDF, 256KB). In the form you should indicate who will be the Primary and Technical Contact users for your centre. (See the form for details of what this means.)
- Within seven days of us receiving a correctly completed form, your chosen Primary and Technical Contact users will receive an email Welcome Pack. This will include login details, links to download the software and to access the system, links to our range of familiarisation materials and a handy checklist with the steps you need to follow.
- Go through our e-volve familiarisation to learn how it all works. There is a range of user guides and step by step tutorials designed to show you everything you need to know about e-volve in a format that suits you. You can even book a webinar, where one of our instructors will demonstrate the system and you will have a chance to ask questions.
- Download and install the software. This is very easy to do, by following our Installation Guide (PDF, 243KB).
- Create additional user accounts for your staff. The first two users (Primary and Technical Contacts) will be created by us when we set up your account. The rest will be created by you, giving you greater control over user names and permissions.
- Book and complete a few navigation tests to check that the software is working correctly, and to make sure you feel comfortable using the system from day one when your account is activated.
- If all is well your centre will be activated and you will be able to start testing.
Find out more
For more information about e-volve, including technical documentation, user guides, Q&As, webinars and step by step tutorials visit e-volve familiarisation.