You wanted a flexible and straightforward award programme that could be applied to your own internal programmes or as a standalone, so we created City & Guilds Commendations.
Launching in the new year, Commendations is a simple, fast and effective way to give your tutors and learners recognition for their hard work and achievements at a local level. Commendations champion your centre’s success and provide a stepping stone towards achieving a Medal for Excellence.
Commendations will allow you to:
- award up to six Commendations per term (five learners and one tutor)
- raise your centre’s profile and differentiate the value of your teaching from the competition
- increase learner recruitment and retention by positioning yourself as a centre that values the achievements and successes of both learners and tutors
- recognise high quality teaching and learning outcomes
- champion your learners on a local level
- reward, inspire and motivate learners to go the extra mile
How do they work?
Supported by City & Guilds, you can award learners and tutors three times throughout the year (six each term) via a secure online platform.
At the end of the academic year, there will be an annual award for the overall winner voted by you and the public.
- Learner with the best overall attitude
- Excellence in coursework
- Learner that has gone above and beyond
- Learner that has demonstrated consistency of effort
- Learner that has made the biggest improvement
- Most inspirational tutor of the term