If you are interested in taking City & Guilds qualifications, you will need to find a training provider who delivers the qualification you are interested in. This may be your local college or it could be a private training provider.

Find out which courses and providers are in your area by using the National Careers Service Find a course tool.

In most cases, after asking a few basic questions about your current qualifications, your training provider will be able to tell you whether you can access funding for your study.

To help you understand whether funding is available, we have provided a brief overview:

  • Aged 16-19
    The government fully funds a variety of study programmes and qualifications for learners aged 16 up to the end of your 18th birthday
  • Learner aged 19+
    The Government will fund any learner up to the age of 24 that doesn’t have a full level 2 and/or full level 3 equivalent qualification. A full level 2 is either 5 GCSE’s, or a Level 2 Diploma of at least 150 learning hours. For full level 3, it is either 2 A 'levels or a Level 3 diploma of at least 300 learning hours
  • If you already have achieved up to a full level 3 qualification but wish to study another at a similar or higher level, then you have the options to take out an FE Loan, which is available for certain qualifications from level 3 up to level 6. For more information, visit Advanced Learner Loans.
  • Another way to gain experience and nationally recognised skills is via an apprenticeship. They are fully funded by the government and employers and are available from level 2 right up to level 8.