Deliver Workplace Skills
City & Guilds Workplace Skills places emphasis on blended learning, team work and project learning – to facilitate learning both in and out of the classroom
Providers can choose to deliver the core component of Workplace Skills, My Skills, with optional add-ons Team Challenge, Project Qualification and Work Experience by itself or as part of a TechBac.
Centres delivering a TechBac must complete all components of Workplace Skills:
- MySkills elearning within the Skills Zone online portal
- Annual Team Challenge
- Work placement at Key Stage 5, (a mandatory component of all programmes of study )
- Project Qualification – an internally marked, externally moderated qualification.
What are the resource requirements?
To deliver Workplace Skills you’ll need:
- An internet-enabled device to access the Skills Zone learning platform
- Video recording device such as a camcorder or mobile phone in order to submit the learners’ video pitch for the Team Challenge
- Speakers or headphones to play video content in the classroom
What support is available?
We provide comprehensive support to centres delivering Workplace Skills including resources and tailored delivery training.
Our dedicated team will support you at every stage – from curriculum planning through to implementation, and throughout programme delivery.
Read more about how we will support your centre >
Approval process for delivering Workplace Skills
To apply for approval to deliver Workplace Skills you’ll need to complete a Quality Statement. This involves ensuring that you can, and will, meet the programme’s quality assurance requirements.
Still have questions? Take a look at our FAQs