Terms of website use
These terms and conditions of website use (Terms) apply to your use of www.cityandguildsgroup.com, www.cityandguilds.com, and www.i-l-m.com (the Sites). By accessing the Sites, you agree to abide by these Terms.
1. Information about us
- The Sites are operated by The City and Guilds of London Institute (we or our or us). We are a body incorporated by Royal Charter and registered as a charity in England and Wales (Reg. No. 312832) and in Scotland (Reg. No. SC039576). Our registered office is located at 1 Giltspur Street, London EC1A 9DD. Our VAT number is 788 6564 55. We are regulated by OFQUAL.
2. Personal information
3. Accessing the Sites
- We may suspend, amend, or withdraw any service or content provided on or through the Sites without notice.
- We may restrict access to the Sites (in whole or part) to users who have registered with us.
- If you choose, or are provided with, a user name, password or other piece of security information, you must treat such information as confidential. We may disable any user name or password at any time if, in our reasonable opinion, you are in breach of these Terms.
4. Intellectual Property Rights
- We are the owner, or authorised licensee, of all intellectual property rights in the Sites and the content them. Such works are protected by copyright law and treaties throughout the world. All such rights are reserved.
- Content available on the Sites may be viewed, listened to, downloaded, and printed for your own personal, non-commercial, use only.
- You may not use any content available on the Sites for any other purpose, and in particular no commercial purpose, without first obtaining written consent from us to do so.
- If you wish to enquire about using any content on the Site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Trade Marks
- ‘City & Guilds Group’, ‘City & Guilds’, ‘ILM’, and ‘Institute of Leadership and Management’ are registered trade marks of The City and Guilds of London Institute, and may not be used, in any way, without first obtaining a written trade mark licence from us. If you wish to enquire about using a trade mark owned by us, please contact email@example.com
6. Linking to the Sites
- You may link to a Site home page, provided you do not do so in a way that suggests any form of association, approval, or endorsement by us, or any member of the City & Guilds Group where none exists.
- The Sites may not be framed on any other website.
7. Links from the Sites
- Links from the Sites to third party websites are provided for reference only. We have no control over the contents or availability of those websites, and accept no responsibility for them.
8. Our Liability
- The content available on the Sites is provided for your general information purposes only and to inform you about us, our products and services, news, features, services and other websites that may be of interest. It does not constitute technical, financial or legal advice or any other type of advice and should not be relied on for any purposes.
- To the extent permitted by law, we expressly exclude:
- all conditions, warranties, and all other term which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law, or the law of equity;
- any liability for any direct, indirect, or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with the Sites and/or in connection with the use, or inability to use, the Sites, including (without limitation) any liability for loss of: income or revenue; business; profit; contracts; anticipated savings; data; goodwill; management or office time; and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
This provision does not affect our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, liability for misrepresentation or fraudulent misrepresentation; or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- You must not misuse the Sites by knowingly introducing computer viruses or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Sites, the server on which the Sites are stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Sites.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by any virus or other malicious or technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment due to your use of the Sites or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
- We may vary these Terms from time to time. Please ensure that you review these Terms regularly as you will be deemed to have accepted a variation if you continue to use the Sites after any variation has been posted.
11. Contacting Us
- If you have any concerns about content which appears on the Sites, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
12. Applicable Law
- These Terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.