ESOL Skills for Life is a suite of qualifications designed to support speakers of other languages based within the UK to develop their English language skills for work, further learning or everyday life.
What sets City & Guilds ESOL Skills for Life apart?
We have worked hard to develop an offer which best suits the specific needs of ESOL provision, supporting flexible delivery, responsive assessment and encouraging maximum learner engagement.
With City & Guilds ESOL Skills for Life qualifications centres will benefit from:
- Sector experience – we have worked with experienced ESOL specialists, each with extensive experience of developing QCF qualifications.
- Employer recognition – our ESOL Skills for Life qualification has particular resonance with employers and relevance to the world of work.
Available as a full time program, or as single unit, award sized qualifications.
- Flexible delivery – both ‘single-mode’ awards and a ‘full-mode’ certificate available to suit different learner needs and modes of delivery which allows learners to focus on particular linguistic modes where they need support.
- Minimum risk pricing – our ‘single-mode’ awards are paid for on results, which means no fees are payable if candidates drop out or do not undergo assessment.
On demand assessment allows candidates to be assessed as soon as they are ready with tests written specifically for ESOL learners.
- Unique units - we have taken a fresh approach and have worked independently to develop units unique to City & Guilds. Our assessments were deliberately designed alongside our units, ensuring a close fit between the two.
- On-demand assessment - all assessments are either centre-based or available at as little as an hour’s notice.
A huge range of resources and sample assessments aligned to National Standards support personalised learning.
- Complementary wider Maths and English offer - our ESOL SfL qualifications are complemented by an extensive range of maths and English qualifications including QCF qualifications, Functional Skills and Essential Skills.
- Supported by the Maths and English e-Toolkit - our e-Toolkit can support ESOL delivery, providing centres with the initial assessment and diagnostic tools to ensure learners are working towards the appropriate level and the multi-media resources to guide them to exam success.
View ESOL Skills for Life qualification >
Our ESOL Skills for Life qualifications are complemented by our wider offer in maths and English
Find out how City & Guilds is providing the most flexible and relevant maths and English qualifications and support available, to ensure all learners achieve the skills needed to succeed.
Learn more about our Maths and English offer >
Find out more about our e-Toolkit >