City & Guilds Traineeships include bespoke Skills for Work qualifications, e-learning to prepare learners for the job and tools to structure, manage and monitor work experience.
What are Traineeships?
- Work experience - to give the young person meaningful work experience and to develop workplace skills
- Work preparation training - to prepare learners with the Skills for Work in a particular sector as well as Employability Skills covering areas like CV writing, interview preparation, job search and inter-personal skills
- English and maths - these are seen as crucial employability skills
What can you get from City & Guilds?
- The instant brand recognition of City & Guilds which will help you engage employers into your traineeship delivery
- Employability Skills qualifications which include vocational taster units and bespoke Skills for Work qualifications that fulfil the work preparation training element of Traineeships
- Single units in our ‘Unit Warehouse’ for building bespoke learning programmes
- Guidance and support on providing and managing high quality work placements
- e-learning which will help prepare the learner to take their first steps into employment in their chosen industry
- SmartScreen learner management system providing teaching and learning support for delivering unregulated training
- An extensive range of online materials and qualifications to help learners gain the English and maths skills they need to be successful at work.
Delivering already? Interested in co-creating new Skills for Work qualifications, testing or helping develop our offer? Please email: email@example.com
Our ‘Getting a Job’ e-learning programme will support trainees in finding and keeping a job. It has been developed in response to the changing needs that learners have on their journey to becoming ready for employment. Tutors, and others, delivering Traineeships will find it an invaluable aid to creating a relevant and engaging experience for learners.
View our demo on YouTube >
Find out more from our factsheet (PDF, 135kb) >
Looking for a traineeship?
Traineeship vacancies are available via the National Apprenticeship Service website. Visit the I’m looking for an Apprenticeship section and type ‘traineeships’ in the keyword search box.