City & Guilds have produced e-book versions of our textbooks for customers who want a digital option for using our content. The textbooks are written specifically to equip you with all the skills you need for on-going career success. Our authors are experienced tutors who specialise within their sectors. We currently have e-books across the following sectors: Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy, Construction, BSE, Business Administration, Health and Social Care and Childcare.
Our e-books can be accessed in three different ways:
- via a Blackboard or Moodle-based VLE
- via the VitalSource Bookshelf app or
- through the City & Guilds SmartScreen platform.
VLE access allows:
- learners and tutors to access the book using the same login details they use to access all other materials on their VLE
- learners to access anytime, anyplace, on up to four devices on and offline
- tutors to share notes and highlighted areas with all learners in the group, making it easy to ensure everyone gets the required direction
- tutors to track learner usage and monitor their engagement.
VitalSource Bookshelf access allows:
- learners to purchase the book independently, in the same way they would if purchasing one of our printed books from the City & Guilds Bookshop
- learners to access the e-book anytime, anyplace, on up to four devices on and offline
- save their own notes and highlighted areas of text, which they can then share with other learners.
SmartScreen access allows:
- tutors and learners to access the book through any computer with an internet connection.
- tutors and learners to bookmark pages, highlight areas of text, make notes and refer back to them.
All of our e-books are sold with a three year licence.
For more information, or to order for VLE or SmartScreen access, send us an email.
Learners can buy the VitalSource Bookshelf version direct from the VitalSource Bookstore.