Products and services
City & Guilds has years of experience supporting the design and delivery of apprenticeship programmes.
Our wide range of products and services are for education providers, employers and apprentices.
Through our industry partnerships and close collaboration with our Industry Skills Board and Sector Skills Councils, we have a deep understanding of what businesses constitute as quality apprenticeships.
City & Guilds apprenticeships are seen as the benchmark in key industries, and we are committed to creating market-leading products and services that meet the needs of industry.
View our apprenticeships categorised by industry sector
Our range of products and services include:
- Teaching and learning resources
Our wide range of teaching and learning tools are designed to empower tutors, employers and apprentices to get the very best out of the apprenticeship.
Our teaching and learning resources include:
Qualifications - All are designed to meet the requirements of current apprenticeship Frameworks and the new Trailblazer Apprenticeship Standards
Learning Assistant - A dedicated e-portfolio system for employers and providers that provides efficient and effective management of your apprenticeship programme
SmartScreen - An online portal for tutors and learners that provides a range of unit-specific support materials
Handbooks - Our range of handbooks for delivery staff are Framework-specific covering all aspects of apprenticeship delivery
e-volve - A comprehensive web-based assessment tool for providers that’s been designed to help administer assessment delivery easily and efficiently
Find out more about our teaching and learning resources
- Quality control
Our risk-based Quality Assurance model has been designed to meet regulatory requirements through a flexible support package that can be tailored to help you achieve your business objectives.
Whenever you deliver a City & Guilds qualification, you’ll have access to our highly experienced Quality Consultants and Subject Advisors to help you deliver your apprenticeship to the highest standard possible.
Find out more about our Quality Assurance model
City & Guilds Quality Consultants will work with you to develop your own City & Guilds Accreditation benchmark. You can use the framework to achieve a range of training priorities – from increasing efficiency to managing quality.
Find out more about City & Guilds Accreditation
- Support services
Our experts are available every step of the way to give you the information and help you need. Whether you’re an employer or provider, we want you to be confident that you’re delivering your apprenticeship to the highest standard possible.
Please speak to your City & Guilds Business Manager for more information about our free support services and bespoke consultancy.
Find out how we can support you through the apprenticeship reforms
Trailblazer Apprenticeships products and services (England)
In addition to our current product and service offering, we are continuously evolving our offer for the new and emerging Trailblazer Apprenticeships in England.
Trailblazer Apprenticeships vary significantly, and our products and services for providers and employers will therefore vary sector by sector.
Our range of products and services will include:
- Qualifications - These will include suitably modified existing apprenticeship qualifications and alternative off-the-job qualifications to add value to apprenticeships and meet the requirements set out by industry
- On-programme assessment tools - The focus of Trailblazer Apprenticeships is on end-point assessment, however, there will still be a form of on-programme assessment. The on-programme learning and assessment tools will allow the employer and provider to monitor the apprentice’s readiness for the end-point assessment. We are currently developing formative assessment tools (both paper and technology-based) that can run through the full programme and are straightforward to use
- Learning technology - We have an on-going commitment to developing technological methods of learning, such as e-learning. Currently, we’re working to develop and embed technological tools into our on-programme and end-point assessments, where suitable
- Independent end assessment - We’ve been approved by the SFA to deliver end-point assessment for a number of Apprenticeship Standards. As such, City & Guilds is on the Register of Apprentice Assessment Organisations (RoAAO). End-point assessment will be carried out by occupationally-skilled independent assessors, who are able to demonstrate highly-skilled up-to-date experience.
Read more about our End Assessment service
Read more about becoming an independent end assessor
Our support services include:
- For education providers
We offer support for the design of on-programme training and learning. We can also help with developing your offer for employers and transitioning to the new Trailblazer Apprenticeships.
Read our updated guide to the reforms for providers
Read our action plan for moving your delivery to the new Standards
- For employers
We offer employers support with transitioning to the new Trailblazer Apprenticeships, the introduction of the levy, and the delivery of high-quality apprenticeships.
Find out more in our employer section
- For Trailblazers
We are currently supporting a large number of Trailblazer groups in the development of new Apprenticeship Standards. We help to ensure suitable assessment methods are used, and help develop practical approaches to quality assurance.
We aim to ensure that Trailblazer Apprenticeships meet the needs of industry and can be delivered efficiently and effectively.
Read about our new and emerging Standards
- For apprentices
We offer an apprentice support programme, Apprentice Connect, and can help you with how to start an apprenticeship and whether an apprenticeship is right for you.
Find out more