Championing Skills Development for Land Based Industries
The National Land Based College (NLBC) is an employer led organisation operating virtually through a hub and spoke model, supported by the existing land based providers and working in association with City & Guilds.
Our primary aim is to engage with and involve land based industries and employers far more in education, training, skills development and careers promotion. Importantly, the National Land Based College will look to link with existing initiatives, add value and develop joint working, partnerships and synergies.
Our key priorities are to:
- Establish industry liaison groups for the different areas of land based, to help steer the skills development of their sectors.
- Produce a suite of NLBC endorsed land based qualifications ‘fit for purpose’ validated by City & Guilds for delivery by existing land based providers.
- Co-create a range of NLBC professional development programmes, from one-day training courses, up to degree level programmes - for UK and worldwide – to be developed with partners, and delivered using a range of contemporary blended learning methodologies.
- Develop an on-line register of land based learners and employees, which enables tracking and encourages and facilitates lifelong continued professional development.
- Champion the full spectrum of land based careers, linking with and building on the work of existing sector careers initiatives, such as Bright Crop and Grow Careers.
For further information:
Follow us on Twitter @NLBC_UK
The NLBC CEO, Leigh Morris, is writing a monthly blog https://leighnlbc.wordpress.com
The initial NLBC web site will be live from the end of June (www.nlbc.uk)