An initial assessment of each candidate should be made before the start of their programme to identify:
- if the candidate has any support requirements
- guidance a candidate may need when working towards the award
- any recognised prior learning or evidence which may be used as evidence towards the award
- the appropriate level of the award.
We recommend that centres provide an induction programme so the candidate fully understands the requirements of the award, their responsibilities as a candidate, and the responsibilities of the centre. This information can be recorded on a learning contract.
To achieve a Professional Recognition Award the candidate must provide evidence of their competency for each standard. The topics covered by the 6 standards are:
- Commitment to professional standards
- Communication and information management
- Professional development
- Working with others
- Managing customer relationships.
For further information, see the centre documents section.