City & Guilds and the World Association of Chefs Societies (WACS) have joined forces to promote and raise standards in culinary education. The two organisations will work together on a number of high profile skills initiatives, including the recently launched WACS quality standards programme - 'Recognition of Quality Culinary Education'.
The 'Recognition of Quality Culinary Education' programme recognises institutions, companies and associations that offer culinary training programmes which have met or exceeded quality standards established by WACS.
City & Guilds approved centres delivering a qualification in food preparation/culinary arts are now eligible to apply, through a fast-track process, to achieve the new WACS recognition.
City & Guilds centres approved to deliver a City & Guilds qualification in food preparation/culinary arts are eligible to apply, through the fast-track process, to obtain the WACS 'Recognition of Quality Culinary Education' quality standard.
The following are examples of eligible qualifications:
- Skills Foundation Certificate (Food Preparation) (3528-50)
- Skills Proficiency Certificate (Food Preparation) (3529-50)
- Level 1 IVQ Certificate in Food Preparation and Cooking (7065-31) (8705-11)
- Level 2 IVQ Diploma in Food Preparation and Cooking (Culinary Arts) (7065-32) (8705-12)
- Level 2 IVQ Diploma in Patisserie (7065-42) (8705-22)
- Level 3 IVQ Advanced Diploma in Culinary Arts (7065-33).
- Level 1 Diploma in Introduction to Professional Cookery (7100-01)
- Level 2 Diploma in Professional Cookery (7100-02)
- Level 3 Diploma in Professional Cookery (7100-03).