We’ve developed a series of maths and English funding guides that summarise and explore the key implications of the latest Government announcements. These guides are designed to support you in understanding the latest maths and English policy to help you plan effective learning programmes.
City & Guilds guide to policy and funding expectations for maths and English qualifications (including ESOL) in England
This guide summarises and explores some of the key implications of the following:
- QCF maths and English qualifications – changes to adult funding rules. Issued by the Skills Funding Agency on 4 June 2014.
- Government policy statement on maths and English qualifications in post-16 education. Issued by the Department for Education (DfE) and Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS) on 2 July 2014.
- 16 to 19 funding: maths and English condition of funding – detailed guidance. Issued by the Education Funding Agency (EFA) on 4 December 2014.
- New QCF ESOL Skills for Life qualifications: funding arrangements for 2014 to 2015. Issued by the Skills Funding Agency on 7 October 2014 with additional Technical Guidance (PDF) issued on 31 October 2014.
Download our guide to maths and English policy and funding in England >
City & Guilds Guide to funding and policy expectations for numeracy and literacy qualifications (including ESOL) in Wales
This guide summarises and explores some of the key implications of the following Welsh Government ministerial statements, particularly where these relate to numeracy and literacy:
- Qualified for Life: delivering a national qualifications system for Wales in 2015. Issued 9 July 2014.
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) Policy for Wales. Issued 23 June 2014
Download our guide to numeracy and literacy policy and funding in Wales >
To ensure you are the first to receive information on the latest funding and policy news and updates, please ensure you are signed up to receive funding and maths and English updates via our email preference centre.
Sign up today